Monday, April 11, 2011

Monday Manglish--Thanks

(ignore the hole in the middle of the napkin, please--somebody touched before Mama could photograph...)






This particular Manglish expresses, rather endearingly, just what I'd like to say to all you Dear Readers:  Thank you for your coming!

My husband still says this, in spite of many gentle reminders of the correct format... I quit correcting him because, as with the cute things that children say, it's so sweet the way he says it (in his accent) that I hope he never fixes it.  (Although, in his case, he's usually saying the related telephone phrase to my parents-- "Good morning!  Sank you for your calling!")

4 comments:

  1. Talking of Manglish (kind of), I'm in the middle of Bill Bryson's The Mother Tongue: English, and how it got that way. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh--that's my *favorite* one of his!! The first one of his that I read, in fact. Got me hooked:-)) That one is both informative (especially if you don't know much about linguistics) and just *hilarious*!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hah! I can totally imagine your husband saying that! I think it's adorable

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's adorable, too--always makes me want to give him a big ol' smooch on the cheek when he says it;-))

    ReplyDelete