Awesome Ezmirelda, who comments here frequently, thought enough of my blog to pass an award my way:)) Wow! I've never had one of those--thanks, Ez, for thinking of me! Ezmirelda, for those who don't know her, is a hard-working high school student who, in addition to studying Japanese, writes YA novels in her spare time (!)--and who made it through National Novel Writing Month last November (which means writing a 50,000 word novel in the space of a month--yeah, *exactly* what I thought! Ez--you go, girl! I wish I'd been that cool when *I* was in high school...;-))
Anyway, according to Ezmirelda, I'm supposed to (in addition to thanking her and linking back) tell you 7 things about myself, and link to some other stylish blogs out there.
1) Like Ez, I love to read--I've read Pride and Prejudice so many times that (I'm ashamed to say) I've lost count. Pay attention while you're reading--my writing tends to be sprinkled with quotes (why use your own words when Jane's are so much better? ;-))
2) I used to be a high school German teacher (so I also answer to "Frau")--so watch yourselves, or I'll have you declining adjectives and listing dative prepositions (aus, ausser, bei , mit...)
3) I've been in Japan for 14 years, married for 10, and learned to speak Japanese from the inside out--no classes, didn't know a word when I came. Maybe my high school German teacher was right: best way to learn a language? Fall in love:-))
4) I like watching Japanese anime with my kids--both because I pick up a lot of Japanese that way, and because I'm constantly amazed at the high level of animation in Japan (Disney channel other American animated series can't even begin to compete). Also--I feel I must insist that Naruto opening #10 was the best one...(and now despise me if you dare...;-))
5) My laundry stares forlornly at me from a pile far more often than it ought...
6) I am a bird-watcher from force of long habit. Also flowers. And trees. And butterflies. And recently spiders. I don't recommend being a passenger in any car I am driving--I'm all "Oooh! Cows!"...
7) I am a shamelessly biased Mommy, because I think my kids are the cutest ones ever :-))
Enough about me--on to some Stylish Bloggers I think deserve a shout-out:
1) Ann Foxlee--the coolest person I know, and also my sis:-)) In addition to writing a YA fantasy trilogy, she's also the Best Jeweler in Portland (nepotism is ok, right?). She's super busy making gorgeous jewelery, so she posts occassionally--but when she does, it's awesome! Check out her Art That Makes Me Wanna Write A Book posts! Very cool art--you'll likely be inspired yourself...
2)Falen, aka Sarah Ahiers--a super writer and blogger who posts great stuff on the nuts and bolts of writing, and whose Steampunk Writing Hat I covet desperately...Pop over on Fridays for Fun Times with Yvie (the adorable Frenchie who helps out blogging by posting LOLcats and other fun stuff for all of us apes:-))
3)Summer Frey-- over at "...And This Time Concentrate!" A fellow bird-lover, and mama to two *beautiful* kittehs, Summer posts cool photos, too! (Check out the snow they got! Awesome Winter Wonderland photos:-))
4)Shelley Sly--at Stories in the Ordinary. She's querying--go give her some support! And--I was so glad to find somebody else besides me who cried at Toy Story 3...:-))
5)Matt Wagner--at Hellion Gallery. He's not a writer (yet!), but he's curating his Very Own Brand New Art Gallery! (More shameless nepotism--he's my sis's husband:-)) Head over there for a peek at some new, original, young talented artists from Japan! You just might be inspired... (and if you're in or going through Portland, stop in!)
Go on--give them some love!
(p.s.--didja spot the Jane Austen quote? Cookie for you if you did!)