Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Enduring the Rainy Season...


....and that, dear Readers, is really the only reason not to entertain self-destructive thoughts during Japan's horrible, humid, it-just-rained-and-now-it's-worse, Rainy Season.  Those gorgeous things are planted all over the place.  My kids walk past a whole row of pink, blue, pink-shading-to-purple-to-blue hydrangeas on the way to school. 

Of course, I can't get my damn laundry dry.  Mostly, I just try to avert mine eyes from growing piles of laundry and go out for walks to look at hydrangeas...

 ...pink ones...

...pale blue ones...

















....anything really but the DLP (Dreaded Laundry Pile).  Most of the time, honestly, it doesn't bother me not having a drier.  Hanging up nice, fresh-smelling laundry outside on a nice day is a far more enjoyable chore than, say, cleaning the toilet.  Just not during Rainy Season.  Because boy's underwear does not dry when it's raining outside.  Gah!

No comments:

Post a Comment